Since the autumn season is starting, our new line up fits perfectly in this melancholic season, like youth drama Do You Like Brahms and weekend melo Lie After Lie. To spice things up, we are also excited for Ji Won’s comeback drama Alice that premiered just last week!
With five new shows to look forward to, let’s start the list!
1. AliceWatch Episode 1 on Viu!
- Genre: Mystery, Fantasy, Time Travel
- Release Date: August 29, 2020 (already available on Viu)
- Featuring: Joo Won (Good Doctor), Kim Hee-Seon
- PD: Baek Soo-Chan (Reunited Worlds, A Girl Who Sees Smells)
Detective Park Jin-Gyeom (Joo Won) while investigating a case happens upon time travel though a device called Alice. With this, he can prevent bad occurrences and reunite with people who have already passed on. He reunites with his mother Yoon Tae-Yi (Kim Hee-Seon) and soon finds out more secrets to time travel and her mysterious past.Watch Episode 1 on Viu!
- Genre: Music, Drama, School, Youth
- Release Date: Sept 1, 2020 (already available on Viu)
- Featuring: Park Eun-Bin (The Ghost Detective), Kim Min-Jae (Tempted, Goblin)
- PD: Jo Young-Min (Everything and Nothing)
Did you know that Brahms’ was caught in a love triangle between close friends Clara and Schumann? In this music-centric show about an elite pianist Park Joon-Young (Kim Min-Jae) and rookie violinist Chae Song-Ah (Park Eun-Bin), we see their romance blossom while being caught in the difficulties of being in love triangles of their own, and chasing after their dreams.
3. Lie After Lie
- Genre: Melodrama, Romance
- Release Date: Sept 5, 2020
- Featuring: Lee Yoo-Ri (Hide and Seek), Yeon Jung-Hoon (My Healing Love)
- PD: Kim Jeong-Kwon
Framed as her husband’s murderer, Ji Eun-Soo (Lee Yoo-Ri) gets convicted and ends up giving birth to her daughter in prison. Upon release, in her struggle to reunite with her lost daughter, she finds her adopted by Kang Ji-Min (Yeon Jung-Hoon). A story of deception and love, Eun-Soo pretends to fall in love with Ji-Min in order to be her own daughter’s stepmother.
- Genre: Melodrama, Romance, Drama
- Release Date: Sept 8, 2020
- Featuring: Kang Eun-Tak (Love to the End), Uhm Hyun-Kyung (Innocent Defendant)
- PD: Shin Chang-Seok (Love to the End)
Though bright and positive, Han Yoo-Jung (Uhm Hyun-Kyung) had to give up her dream of being an announcer because her family didn’t have the money for it. Now working to support her family, she meets Lee Tae-Poong (Kang Eun-Tak) – a man who has the intelligence of a seven-year-old because of an accident.
5. Zombie Detective
- Genre: Comedy, Fantasy
- Release Date: Sept 12, 2020
- Featuring: Choi Jin-Hyuk (The Last Empress), Park Joo-Hyun
- PD: Shim Jae-Hyun (The Producers)
Already shaping up to be a quirky detective show, we meet Kim Moo-Young (Choi Jin-Hyuk) – a zombie that’s cleverly lived with humans in a small village for the past two years. Though he can live normally by mimicking the mannerisms of humans around him, he has no memory of his past before he became a zombie. Now moving to a big city, he opens an office as a private detective and hires Gong Sun-Ji (Park Joo-Hyun), an ex-writer for a current affairs complaint show, as a part-timer.
Interested to watch one of the new shows? Please let us know which ones you’re most excited about in the comments below!